Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six String Adventure


I start of the other half of the day trying to play some tunes on Jack' (my black acoustic spanish guitar) fret.

The first ten minutes I usually try to do some warm ups which involves practicing the basic chromatic scale(A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#) on various ocatves(different places where notes occur again) in the fretboard.This exercise is very useful for increasing the speed and getting used to the frets. I try to play it in various metronomes as fast and as slow as possible trying various picking patterns which include up pick, down pick and alternate picks.

Then I usually try to divert my mind by trying to get some tabs from the internet of some basic guitar songs which really is very useful to get back to the mood as playing the basic chromatics will not give much of a pleasure unless you accent it which I suck at this stage.

Getting back in the mood and now comes the part I am struggling with . The chord transition. I have tried various ways but it is all the same. Tried to play slow and then shift but skip goes one beat of the metronome. Tried to play basic down strokes and yes I did it...... oh no!!!!!!

It goes again in the second metronome.

No comments: