Friday, October 17, 2008

A day in the life of a Software Lad....

Socha hai... goes the alarm which is usually snoozed owing to the wake up hour and the serenity of the weather outside. Soch hai...(it goes again), I thought the song would be a nice idea as a alarm bell but believe me it is DAMN IRRITATING. Finally I wake up and rome around the remaining rooms of our abode just to see people calmly sleeping and enjoying all they can't get in real life but dreams.

A look at the watch and damn am late!!!! Okay time to run turn the geyser on and where is the darn toothbrush. The first taste one usually gets at the beginning of the day is loads of mint , flavoured of course as promised by the company and is usually not a very nice one to have if you are planning it to be the first thing that gets into your mouth but owing to the human nature of socializing you do it .

Then I go and wake up my fellow sufferer (suffering being the company miles away from home..),who tells me to go have a bath and then wake him, I curse and go off to the room termed by the decent people as bathroom . Just the place to stand and rub all over and wake up from the sleep thinking who was the idiot to invent the idea of bathing early in th morning. Just when I am about to finish I get a chill breeze from the broken window vowing to get it repaired.

Time is running out... finally i hurry to the small room we use for worshipping and offer my sincere apologies for the perfect crimes commited the day before and not to commit them again,only till the darkness of night brings out the second inmate in me.

Then I go to the room where the first in command is sleeping again just to tell oye wake up we'll miss the cab... he gets up and gives a lame excuse of not bathing as he has had one the night before,actually that idea is nice but the religious person inside me urges to bath and worshsip so down goes the same.

Finally we move out of the room to a common path where every s/w pro walks just to slog off and earn the money , later to splurge it of course, and starts of the adventurous day ahead....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats not an excuse dude..... Thats called Time management!!!!
Hehhehe..... And u r forgetting that I am the one who wakes ur lazy highness generally.... Just think where will u be without me :))

Suneil Anthony Raj said...

Pretty much sums up my case except 'Jaage Hain' from 'Guru' happens to be my alarm urging me to sleep with a loud symphony!!